A wintry drink with a touch of after summer. Apple Cider Sangria with prosecco is a delicious wintry drink with winter fruit, warm Bourbon and the fresh taste of Cider and Prosecco. Add a few twigs of thyme and you have a guaranteed hit for a party or just to enjoy yourself.
Wether it’s a rainy day or you simply want to enjoy some after summer vibes, this simply drink will help put you in a festive mood. The fun thing about this recipe is that you can make it to your own liking. If you prefer more of a kick add a bit more Bourbon. Want more of the fresh lemonade taste? Add more Cider. Plenty to play around with.
What do you need?
For this recipe we used the following:
- 2 bottles of Apple Cider (Apple Bandit)
- 4 tbsp Orange jus (fresh also works)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 8-10 twigs of thyme
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- 2 large apples (pink lady)
- 1 orange
- 4 tbsp Bourbon (Jim Bean Peach, but any other Bourbon works too)
- 1 bottle of Prosecco
- Ice cubes
- Garnish: thyme, cinnamon sticks, lemon wedge, orange wedge, apples (use at your own discretion).
- Grab a large lemonade pitcher or a mixing bowl. Mix all ingredients together with the exception of the Prosecco. You save the Prosecco for the last moment otherwise you lose the bubbles.
- Check how strong you want the flavour. If you prefer your Sangria to be stronger then add more Bourbon, cinnamon sticks and thyme.
- Leave the mixture to set for 30 minutes. Preferbly in the fridge or overnight. The longer it sets, the stronger the flavour.
- Before serving, grab your cocktail glasses and put some ice cubes on the bottom of the glass.
- Get the mixture out of the fridge and add the whole bottle of Prosecco. Stir with a spoon or laddle.
- Grab a laddle and add some fruits to the glasses. Then add the liquid to the glasses.
- Optional: add extra garnish!
Time: 15 min (without cooling time)
Easypeasy! Easy to make and worth the effort.
Are you going to try it?
We are wondering what your thoughts are on this. Let us know and let us hear from you. Are you going to try out the recipe or do you have a different tip? Maybe you have another recipe you think we just give a try. Let us know by leaving a reaction below the blog or on our socials.
Until next time!
The Christmas Girls 🎄